adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I see - pro-life people :-) part II


It is quite interesting to find out who is pro-life nowadays. From The Minor Prophet last month, is this transcript of Kathy Ireland expressing her pro-life views on "Hannity & Colmes". I was rather impressed with how bold she was and especially her reponse to Colmes and his smarmy "I then have the conservative position" comment.

And let's not forget former supermodel Kathy Ireland on "Hannity & Colmes" taking down Alan Colmes like Watergate took down Nixon:

COLMES: "We played a little clip from last time you were on the show. And I asked you if you had a liberal position. And for those who didn't see it earlier, you said yes, I'm liberal about the rights of the unborn child.

"Now I think I'm conservative on abortion because I think the government should not be involved and that this is not a governmental issue. It's a personal issue. So wouldn't I then have the conservative position here?"

IRELAND: "Is it all right for the government to allow the murder of an innocent human being? The evidence I see tells me the unborn is a human being. From the moment of conception, a new life comes into being with a complete genetic blueprint. The sex is determined. The blood type is determined."

Colmes relentlessly attempted to interrupt Ireland as she spoke; however,
Ireland was stronger and won her right to finish her points despite the
intimidation. Eventually Colmes was able to get in the following but only to his eventual defeat:

COLMES: "Well, we have a system of laws and a Supreme Court decision that does not define life the way you do. So legally, that's not how it would be defined. If you want to define it that way for your personal -- that's how you want to do it, that's fine, but that's not the standing law of this country."

IRELAND: "If you can, Alan, if you can show me evidence that the unborn is not a human being, I will gladly join the pro-choice side. If you can show me any evidence. It's very clear and simple.

"Last time I was on, you said we're not going to resolve this right now but it's very simple. The bottom line is this. If the unborn is not a human being, have as many abortions as you want, whenever you want. It doesn't matter. No justification is necessary. If, on the other hand, the unborn is a human being, no justification is adequate unless another human life, that being the mother, is in danger."

HANNITY: "Kathy, welcome back. Sean Hannity here. You know, since the last time you were on, we had an enormous amount of e-mail from people that were frankly shocked that somebody as famous, [and] well known as yourself, [would] take such a strong pro-life position. Are there more of these famous people that are just not willing to state these things publicly?"

IRELAND: "I know it's not a popular issue. And I was always pro- choice. I'm a person who always has and always will fight for the rights of women. And even though I became a Christian at age 18, I remained pro-choice because I believed it was a woman's choice. But the moment that I learned that the unborn was a human being, not part of the woman's body ..."

HANNITY: "Yes."

IRELAND: "...but its own individual human being, I have no choice but to defend the most vulnerable among us."

HANNITY: "Well, it's admirable, because I agree with you on the position. And especially with what modern technology now offers in terms of our ability to see inside a woman's womb."

IRELAND: "Absolutely."

HANNITY: "And the heart beating and the fingers and the toes."

IRELAND: "You really can't argue with it. Technology has come a long way since Roe vs. Wade."

HANNITY: "I can't."

IRELAND: "And Alan, I welcome you to please refute my claim."

HANNITY: "There's no hope."

IRELAND: "Not to dismiss it, but refute it."

HANNITY: "No hope for him, Kathy."

IRELAND: "I welcome it, or if any of your viewers can."


Previous pro-life posts:

Knee Jerk Arguments
Interesting contrast
Fundamental Issues
Abortion - no consequences?
Stem cell research
Another interesting contrast
I see - pro-life people :-) part I
Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: