adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Friday, June 03, 2005

I see - pro-life people :-) part I


You never know when someone with strong pro-life views will show up. I've found a couple of interesting transcripts from people involved with a typically liberal industry. The interviews are a bit long, so I will split this into two posts. Perhaps it will become a series if more people speak up.

I was aware that Patricia Heaton, female lead of "Everybody Loves Raymond," was pro-life, but it was nice to read the transcript of her bold comments on the O'Reilly factor. You've got to love her closing line.

...On Tuesday Patricia Heaton appeared on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor." Almost immediately host Bill O’Reilly turned the discussion to Heaton’s pro-life views. An excerpt follows:

O'REILLY: "All right. A couple of interesting things in your book, and we -- put it this way, ladies and gentlemen: If we have somebody on here, the book's not going to be a dog. If the book's bad, we're not going to have them on here.

"So you are pro-life in a town..."

HEATON: "That's right."

O'REILLY: "... that is almost 100 percent pro-choice. How does that impact on you?"

HEATON: "Well, you know, I'm a chairman of Feminists for Life, and so I think that, because of that, we have an interesting stand that most people don't -- haven't heard before, which is being pro-life can be a feminist issue.

"The early feminists were pro-life. And really abortion is a huge disservice to women, and it hasn't been presented that way. So -- so it's a -- there's a sort of an in for me because of that take on it."

O'REILLY: "Do you take any heat from your peers out there?"

HEATON: "I did. I mean, I did originally. I vote Republican because of my pro-life stance, and, of course, that was a real hot-button issue when Bill Clinton was first elected.

"I mean, people really -- I wore a Quayle-Bush button, and literally people would stop and look at the button the and look at me and give me dirty looks and, you know, say nasty things to me.

"I think, since 9/11, a lot of that has calmed down a little bit."

O'REILLY: "But, still, I mean, if Susan Sarandon or Barbra Streisand were here, I mean, they wouldn't talk to you. They would turn their back on you."

HEATON: "You know what? It's not that polarized. I mean, people know me first as an actress and friend."

O'REILLY: "But if they knew. If they knew, they..."

HEATON: "Some people have had that reaction, but I wouldn't say all of them."

O'REILLY: "The reason I'm saying it is it's a very emotional issue, as you know."

HEATON: "Yes."

O'REILLY: "Tremendously emotionally charged."

HEATON: "Yes, yes."

O'REILLY: "And I believe it's been exploited by politicians. I think it's a
human-rights issue."

HEATON: "Yes."

O'REILLY: "Would you ban abortion?"

HEATON: "As -- Feminists for Life -- what we're trying to do is support women, and so what we want to do is for -- reach women on campus -- college campuses so that, when they get pregnant, they can find housing. They can find money they need to stay in school."

O'REILLY: "So you're giving -- you're putting an alternative track out there."

HEATON: "Yes. I think pro-choice is a ridiculous -- you know..."

O'REILLY: "But it all comes down to..."

HEATON: "... name."

O'REILLY: "... would you ban it if you were a Supreme Court justice? Would you vote to ban it?"

HEATON: "Yes."

O'REILLY: "You would?"

HEATON: "Yes."

O'REILLY: "OK. Now that, obviously, takes guts in Hollywood because, in Hollywood, there's a subtext that, if you don't play the game, you know, you could lose jobs."

HEATON: "Yes."

O'REILLY: "Did you ever think of it?"

HEATON: "Yes, I've thought about it. On a personal level, as a Christian, it will not be Barbra Streisand I'm standing in front of when I have to make an accounting of my life."

H/T jacquefromtexas

Previous pro-life posts:

Knee Jerk Arguments
Interesting contrast
Fundamental Issues
Abortion - no consequences?
Stem cell research
Another interesting contrast
Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: