Joe Biden says what Barack Obama would probably not want too many to have on their minds while voting.
"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."
"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."
Ed Morrisey’s commentary in part (be sure to read it all):
Isn’t this an argument for electing someone with more experience? Why should we elect a man who will embolden our enemies and push us to the brink of disaster? Biden seems convinced that electing John McCain will make our enemies abroad much less sanguine about provoking us — which is one of the best arguments yet heard for electing McCain. (source)
Which brings up the following:
Does America, at this time, need someone who already has a record of “miscommunication”?
- Bitter, clinging, xenophobic …
- NAFTA will be unilaterally revised, nah, just campaign talk. *Oops* that was misunderstood.
- Iraq please delay agreement for a new administration. Nah, just a misunderstanding.
- Jerusalem to be undivided.
Or a record of outright foolishness?
- American troops just bombing villages in Afghanistan.
- Hey, let’s openly state we will invade a country with nuclear weapons and a large population of Islamic extremists.
- When someone has the need to talk tough due to insecurity, it can result in scuttling delicate and secret arrangements that are in place.
- Georgia and Russia morally equivalent while Russia is attacking our ally. Oops uh uh, what John McCain said.
- No free trade for an ally, which will benefit American companies/jobs.
- Accompanied by a falsehood. Uribe has actually drastically reduced the killing of unionists and increased the prosecution for such crimes.
- Meet with terrorist supporting regimes without preconditions.
Or lack of honesty?
- Bill Ayers just a guy in the neighborhood
- Never worked for ACORN
- Born Alive Infant Protection Act
- They will remind you that I’m black
Or the inability to judge people accurately?
- Jeremiah Wright
- That being after nearly 500 sermons. Or did he lie about having not heard such things?
- Bill Ayers
- Thought he was rehabilitated despite Ayers being very open and public about his lack of contrition. Or is this another lie and Obama just didn’t mind that Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist?
That’s quite a record for just a campaign. Why should we believe it will only be wonderfully better when the stakes are much higher? Why should we expect the pattern to change when, as Joe Biden predicts, a crisis occurs?
Will Barack Obama cave in to demands from our enemies? Will allies be left to fend for themselves? Will Barack Obama overreact because he needs to prove how tough he is? There will be no do over, media spin or non-reporting that can bring back lost lives should Barack Obama be tested and he perform per his well established patterns.
Some have talked recently of Barack Obama being teachable. His own vice president has said he will be tested because of his inexperience. What price will America pay while this neophyte is stumbling and trying to learn?
Trackposted to: A Blog For All, Right Truth, DragonLady's World, Cao's Blog, Leaning Straight Up, NN&V, Democrat=Socialist, Conservative Cat, , Allie is Wired, third world county, Faultline USA, Woman Honor Thyself, McCain Blogs, The World According to Carl, Pirate's Cove, Right Voices, and Stageleft, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.