adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Thursday, July 24, 2008

This would not be an apples to apples comparison


But it does give an indication of Barack Obama's priorities.

On the one hand, the adoration of thousands of Germans, during a campaign inspirational speech. On the other, wounded American soldiers.

Apparently Obama has the time for one, but not the other.

SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that Obama has canceled a planned short visit to the Rammstein and Landstuhl US military bases in the southwest German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The visits were planned for Friday. "Barack Obama will not be coming to us," a spokesperson for the US military hospital in Landstuhl announced. "I don't know why." Shortly before the same spokeswoman had announced a planned visit by Obama.

[...]

NRO - The Campaign Spot

Be sure to read the entire post at NRO and the updates therein. I agree that scheduling mistakes can occur, but such is not the case here.

The first time I ran across this, I actually figured it was just an "oops" and would be corrected soon. Obama and his campaign staff couldn't be this foolish was my thinking at the time. Unfortunately, it now appears to be another insight into what Barack Obama considers to be important. Perhaps he should remember that German citizens can't vote but American soldiers can and will.

---

Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: