For some reason, this Bible passage had always been a favorite of mine. Something I recently read, stated it was theologically dense. Perhaps that put into writing, the feeling which has drawn me to these verses for so long? For general use, I prefer the language and cadence of the KJV, as that's what I grew up hearing and reading and IMO it suits this passage quite well. Seems like a good Sunday entry for my blog.
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6) There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7) The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8) He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15) John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16) And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17) For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18) No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Blogs with open posts: Mudville Gazette -- Jo's Cafe -- The Uncooperative Blogger -- Stuck on stupid -- The Right Nation -- Rhymes with Right -- Blue Star Chronicles -- third world county -- The Business of America is Business -- The Liberal Wrong Wing -- The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns