adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Saturday, May 13, 2006

A moment of joy


My usual Saturday afternoon consists of walking to lunch and reading whatever books I have at the moment, while enjoying a good meal at The Bread Basket, a favorite restaurant of mine.


My walk takes me past a home where I've had the pleasure of talking to the father a couple times. He had noticed me walking by with a soccer ball last year and we struck up a conversation. It turns out he used to play professional soccer, though I forget for which country. Unfortunately, I am in no way as skilled as I was back in the day, but at the time, it was good exercise. In short, good people and they have several kids, which is what this post is about.


So, walking home from lunch today and their little boy starts talking to me from his yard. He wanted to make sure I didn't buy the Spiderman toy for my kids. You see, he had sprayed the web stuff on the grass and now was picking it up. His brother had sprayed it on the climbing rope, but he was too short to get it. He was very helpful, making sure I understood that I'll get grumpy if I buy it for my kids and they spray it all over like he did. Besides, you can throw away the web thing and still shoot missiles!


The innocence in his eyes, the enthusiasm in his voice and his concern that I not make the same mistake made me smile and laugh as I walked away. I couldn't help but think of what Christ said:



Mark 10:13-15

13) And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.


14) But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.


15) Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.


And to the little man, who was so helpful in advising me on what toys to get for my kids - I hope that if I ever do have children, they are as good as you. I pray that God grants your days many moments of joy, much as the one you so innocently granted me today.


God bless.


---


Note: no submissions received for the Carnival of the Moonbat Cartoonists!, so this issue will be skipped. Past carnivals can be seen here.


Filed under: Misc.


Blogs with open posts: Mudville Gazette -- Jo's Cafe -- Stuck On Stupid -- The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns -- Rhymes With Right -- Blue Star Chronicles -- Is It Just Me? -- The Uncooperative Blogger -- Adam's blog -- TMH's Bacon Bits -- third world county


Technorati Tags: -- joy


Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: