adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm an undecided voter


According to CNN I'm undecided enough to ask questions of the candidates in a Democrat primary. Those who know me or read my blog are probably well aware of my criticism of Hillary! Obama and Edwards. In recent conversations I've also stated that I currently lean towards Fred Thompson as my first pick and that I would not vote for any of the Democrats that are in the running. How can I say CNN considers me undecided? Let's see what we can learn from very recent history.

In the last Republican debate, CNN labeled several questioners as undecided who turned out to be partisan or clearly supporting a particular candidate. Michelle Malkin has an excellent post with these "undecided" voters revealed.

Digging out more CNN/YouTube plants: Abortion questioner is declared Edwards supporter (and a slobbering Anderson Cooper fan); Log Cabin Republican questioner is declared Obama supporter; lead toy questioner is a prominent union activist for the Edwards-endorsing United Steelworkers (source)

Be sure to read her entire post, as there are more than those listed above.

Some are portraying this as an intentional conspiracy by a biased media and Democrat campaigns. Until there is serious proof of this, I think incompetence is a sufficient explanation. I can't see that it would really take many people for this to happen. One low level flunky tasked with sorting through the questions that came in, neglecting to check in a serious manner that the voter really is undecided, let alone relevant to a Republican primary, is all that would be necessary. That's assuming of course that the one who delegated was competent enough to think of such tasks to hand down in the first place.

Of course I'm not saying that such people can never ask Presidential candidates questions. But this is a Republican primary and such things should be saved for the general election, when the entire nation votes, rather than it being just Republicans selecting their candidate. Though I vote as a conservative, I'm registered as an independent and I would be surprised if I was asked to question candidates for a Republican primary.

So now that CNN has shown how incompetent it is in removing bias from their debate presentation, will the Democrat candidates have enough testicular fortitude to participate in a debate hosted by what many claim is the conservatively biased Fox News? I suppose that's one of those questions answered merely by asking.

But maybe it's nice to know that by CNN standards I haven't rushed to make a decision, that I'm still undecided, except that I won't vote for any Democrat candidate in the running and lean towards one Republican candidate. Then again, perhaps the term "CNN standards" is now an oxymoron.

---

Filed under: NewsPolitics

Trackposted to: Outside the Beltway, Blog @ MoreWhat.com, The Virtuous Republic, Perri Nelson's Website, Rosemary's Thoughts, guerrilla radio, Right Truth, Adam's Blog, Leaning Straight Up, The Bullwinkle Blog, Big Dog's Weblog, Cao's Blog, The Amboy Times, Chuck Adkins, Conservative Cat, Pursuing Holiness, Allie is Wired, third world county, The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns, The World According to Carl, Pirate's Cove, Blue Star Chronicles, The Pink Flamingo, Republican National Convention Blog, Dumb Ox Daily News, High Desert Wanderer, Right Voices, and The Yankee Sailor, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: