adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Thursday, April 21, 2005

GOP Senators - Still wusses!!


As I said in an earlier post - I can think of a better term derived from the feline etymology but I would prefer not to offend some of my readers. It seems that GOP Senators are more about being liked and "bipartisanship" (i.e. do what MSM and liberals want) than about standing up and supporting the President or doing what is best for our country...

So now it looks like the nuclear option is a bust. Professor Bainbridge predicts it will not happen

As the showdown over Democrat filibustering of Bush's judges looms, my guess is that the Republicans will not exercise the nuclear option. The Senate GOP is historically spineless - my guess is that as many as 7 may vote no.

The The Unalienable Right has a roundup of others.

Lileks has a lot to say about the senate in general and it is well worth reading it all.

I’m starting to suspect that the entire Senate should be abolished. Purge the lot of ‘em. Their drivel may be no less meretricious than their House counterparts, but it’s usually slathered with sanctimony about the Noble Nature of their particular chamber, how they’re the saucer into which passions are poured to cool. (By “cool,” they often mean “frozen to the consistency of a glacier layer laid down when the Bourbons were still a going concern.”) Such airs! They’re the only branch of government that regularly advertises its special nature and higher purpose – it’s like having a special branch of the Kiwanis made up entirely of bankers who announce, before each meeting, that they’re better than the realtors and insurance salesmen. And why? Because there are fewer of them. Well, there are fewer experts in quantum physics than there are Special Forces soldiers, but I know who I’d want to drop at night into a warzone.[...]

Really, what is the point of having Republicans in the Senate? They don't have the cajones to do anything other than blah blah blah we are so honorific in our institution. Wonder how that bloviating will sound when they are voted out? I don't really feel all that motivated or intellectually interested in helping re-elect any GOP senator that is acting like a [meow].
Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: