adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Judge Roberts


Well, it appears that a joke of sorts, that I made in an earlier post, is being considered by others now.

I had commented earlier about Bush's choice for the Supreme Court vacancy and the circus that was about to begin. For those who have been following the nomination of John Roberts to the Supreme Court, I am sure it is interesting to see the leggy bomb thrower of the right, Ann Coulter, not coming out in support of the President's decision. In fact, she has been quite reluctant to accept that he is anything other than another Souter, a previous "stealth" candidate, that turned out to be anything other than conservative.

Well Powerline has an interesting view on Ann's opposition.

Since President Bush's nomination of John Roberts to the Supreme Court, Ann Coulter has held out for evidence to prove his bona fides as some kind of a conservative. Her condemnation of Judge Roberts as "Souter in Roberts' clothing" seemed a bit of a stretch, but not entirely implausible.

[...]

Might Coulter be providing Roberts some cover on his right flank? In her column today, Coulter seems to me to give the game away.

[...]

I love Ann Coulter, but when you read her columns about John Roberts, think "When Harry Met Sally."

Well guys, I beat you to it with my post on 07/21/05 ;-P

Let the games begin

I find it interesting that Ann Coulter is not enthused with the President's pick due to the experience we had with Justice Souter. I wonder, does her lack of support make it easier for moderates to resist the knee-jerk reactions of Schumer and little Dick Durbin? I would find it quite hilarious, if some years down the road, Roe vs. Wade is overturned, with Justice Roberts in the majority and we find out Karl Rove asked Ann Coulter to come out the way she has. I am willing to bet that someone in the moveon.org crowd has or is about to propose that this is the case. All the more satisfying, for me, is that they are probably foaming at the mouth as they think about it.

So when is that mad blog money going to start rolling in hmmm? ;-)
Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: