adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Sunday, October 29, 2006

FYI - If you're going to accuse me of something...


Make sure you get it right in the first place.


At times I've been accused of merely resorting to the argumentum ad hominem fallacy when I refer to the idiocy of certain fundie skeptics or use the terms twit, stupid etc. in reference to them or their "arguments".


However as I recently said to one nitwit, who, in this case, IIRC claimed to be a Christian:


Ad hominem:
Man 1: 1+1=3
Man 2: You're an idiot.


Not ad hominem
Man 1: 1+1=3
Man 2: 1 + 1 =2, you idiot


I'm quite capable of dealing with your arguments, should you actually offer any that haven't already been addressed and also insulting you, when you deserve it.


(Note: the ad hom not ad hom was originally from a theologyweb member here. )


On a positive note, one recent whiner, who doesn't understand the concept and thinks respect is not something earned or diminished by idiocy, seems intent on giving me material for the 4GrinsNGiggles dept/category of my blog :)


---


Filed under: Apologetics -- Misc.


Blogs with open posts: Jo's Cafe -- Echo9er -- Pursuing Holiness -- The Right Nation -- The Random Yak -- Blue Star Chronicles -- third world county -- Adam's Blog -- Woman Honor Thyself -- The Florida Masochist -- The Bullwinkle Blog -- Stuck On Stupid -- The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns



Technorati Tags: Debate -- Falllacy -- Misc

Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: