adcount=1;
"A cruel debate opponent" "Pagan blasphemer" "Reverse-iconoclast" "don't get pissed at him b/c he pwn yalls whiney asses"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Miscellaneous meanderings and philosophical ramblings. The title from a spiral notebook I used to jot down my thoughts on religion and other matters some years ago. I like to write, think and express my views on various issues. Robust discussion is welcome.


Chris of Rights and Charles Martin <-- Lists of debunked Sarah Palin rumors

"Lan astaslem."
I will not submit. I will not surrender.
Choose your language: Francais/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Portugues/Portuguese Espanol/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Iraq Parliamentary Elections


My prayers for the Iraqis who, yet again, take another step forward with this election. The bravery and joy I see when you vote should be a lesson to all of us who have it so much easier in this country. We complain because we have to get up early before work or that we must choose the lesser of two "evils" or have to deal with bad weather. The contrast to your situation is striking.

You are choosing your government for the next four years in the midst of bombs and the attacks of those who hope that you fail or others who care not if you succeed. You have stepped away from real evil and continue a course that is better than what most countries in the region have chosen to this date.

To quote a line from one of my favorite series of books:

"Further up and further in"

Freedom and self-government are in your reach. May you continue to persevere and be a shining light to others. My heartfelt thanks for what you have managed to date.

---

My readers should note that Pajamas Media has a special report on the Iraq Parliamentary Elections, featuring Omar of Iraq the Model along with eight other Iraqi citizens from as many provinces. Be sure to check it out.
Trackback URI                             Submit this post on Digg.com! width=                     View blog reactions
<< Home










Click for Latest Posts

Creative Commons License


As defined and limited by the license, any use of work from this blog, must be attributed to Mark K. Sprengel and include a link back to this blog.




Get updates by e-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Widgetize! Subscribe Social Bookmark Blogs that link here
My Technorati profile


Also, follow me on Twitter

Search this blog:

powered by Aditya


Recent Comments: